SUPPORT IN BED
There are situations where firmer bracing solutions are unavoidable. The positioning device (cushions, barrier protectors, carpets for cushioning falls, etc.) will no longer be able to be envisaged as the only alternative. This equipment will be able to be used as a complementary method to achieve optimal comfort and safety, but it will no longer be sufficient on its own to guarantee the protection of the patient and those around them.
The use of belts and straps is therefore required not only to prevent falls and serious injuries but also to protect those around from unforeseen patient reactions. The use of such methods, even if reassuring, is often a source of questioning, if not stress, for nursing staff who sometimes feel guilty (“is it really necessary?”) or who fear even more dramatic effects than the actual fall. The assessment of the real risks run by the patient as well as the relevance of such-and-such a bracing device are vital but ineffective without the use of suitable professional equipment that is well-thought-out and efficient. This is why RENOL set about providing relevant solutions by looking at bracing in a different way.
RENOL emphasises the complementarity of positioning and supporting products to reduce the risk of accidents as much as possible (falls, injuries, sliding, choking, etc.), guarantee optimal safety but also greater comfort for the patient by allowing them a certain freedom of movement. RENOL products have been designed while keeping sight of the objective of respect for the physical and mental dignity of the patient, a key element for the patient's relations but also very important for nursing staff.
These support products are aimed at specific categories of patient :
- at the elderly or mentally disturbed whose motoric instability may cause falls with serious consequences when they attempt to leave their bed hurriedly or when they slide involuntarily.
- at bed-ridden, restless or confused people inclined to pull at their probes or dressings or who are not very cooperative in having their care implemented.
- at restless people undergoing medical treatment (e.g. psychotropics), combative people, those likely to injure themselves or who might cause harm to those around them by arguing violently.
- at patients who might have a tendency to self-mutilation or to want to escape from the care unit in which they are hospitalised.
- at demented persons held in a psychiatric unit.
It must always be borne in mind that when using such immobilisation devices, regular monitoring and checking of the patient are vital. To prevent any accident, it is also imperative to carefully read the instructions for use before using the belts.
Designed in terylene (synthetic material), the accessories and belts are flexible, tough, gentle to the touch and non irritating. They do not soil easily, and can be machine washed (95°). The materials used are 100% resistant to frequent machine washing and drying. All maintenance instructions appear on the products.
Several eyelets allow the length of the straps to be adjusted, enabling their use to be made as comfortable as possible.
Products Systems with Systems with
for use in chairs buckle fastening lock fastening
Choice of Magnet
or Steel lock